Councilman Smith was elected to the City Council in November 2006 and re-elected in 2008 to a four year term, after running unopposed. Smith has been in the grocery business for 39 years and is currently employed by Scolari's Food and Drug as the Store Director. Councilman Smith has served on the Vistas Home Owners Association, the D'Andrea Home Owners Association and the High Sierra Industries board of directors. Councilman Smith is Chairman of the Sparks Redevelopment Agency, Chairman of the Regional Transportation Commission, Chairman of the Flood Control Project, Vice Chair of the City's Tourism and Marketing Committee, and a member of the Western Regional Water Commission. He and his wife Karen have been married for 33 years, and have 4 children and 8 grandchildren.
Contact Council Member Ron Smith:
Office: (775) 353-2311
Am I in this ward? View the ward map to find out!
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS:
- Truckee River Flood Management Committee
- Regional Planning Governing Board, alternate
- Western Regional Water Commission-Sparks
- Redevelopment Agency Chair
- Tourism & Marketing Committee
- Regional Transportation Commission
- Debt Management Commission, alternate