Fax/E-mail Permit Program
The Building Division shall accept applications for facsimile/electronic permit issuance and shall process and issue such permits in accordance with the following procedures and requirements:
Permits eligible for facsimile permit issuance:
- Sewer/water repair and replacement (No work in Right-of-way)
- Residential water heaters (50 gallons or less)
- Residential furnaces (150k BTU's or less)
- Residential air conditioning units (5 ton or less)
- Electrical service change/upgrade (200 amps or less)
- Asphalt shingle roofing
Requirements for contractors to request and receive facsimile permits:
- Contractors must have current license/registration and insurance complying with State of Nevada statutes and City of Sparks Municipal Code.
- Contractors must have on file with the Building Division a valid credit card authorization form (Credit card required for payment on all facsimile/electronic permits).
- Requests must be made on approved City of Sparks permit application with the Prompt Permit Authorization portion at the bottom signed by one of the persons on credit card authorization form.
Procedure for requesting and issuance of facsimile permits:
- Applicant must first establish a Prompt Permit account in person at the Building Division located at 1675 East Prater way, Suite 107.
- Complete all required information on approved City of Sparks Permit application, including signature to authorize credit card transaction, and fax or email to (775) 353-2470 or permitservices
- Facsimile permit applications will be reviewed for completeness and eligibility and, if complete, will be processed before the end of the next business day. Incomplete applications shall be returned to the sending facsimile number or email address indicating the additional information required. If the application cannot be approved for any reason the applicant will be notified via facsimile at the number or the email address from which the application was received.
- Approved permit applications shall be processed for payment, and upon confirmation of payment, shall be issued a permit that shall be returned via facsimile to the applicant at the number or the email address from which the application was received. Applications for which payment cannot be confirmed shall be returned to the applicant and shall be required to be resubmitted.
There will be a $5 administration fee assessed for each permit processed through the Prompt Permit fax/e-mail permit program. (Billed to credit card at time of issuance)