The City of Sparks is one of the leading providers of kids out-of-school programs in the Truckee Meadows. Year after year, evaluations for the youth watch programs cite the staff as one of the key attributes and the service as a lifeline for working parents.
Approximately 800 to 1,000 children in preschool through 7th grade are served daily with age appropriate recreational activities designed to promote socialization and peer interaction in a fun, safe environment.
Programs offered include:
Kid Konnection Before/After School Program - August 10, 2015-June 9, 2016
Conference Week - October 5-9, 2015 See Schedule
Fall Break - October 26-29, 2015
Nevada Day - October 30, 2015
Winter Break - December 18-January 8, 2016
Spring Break - March 21-April 1, 2016
Summer Outburst - June 13-August 5, 2016
Note: Please read the Revised Cancellation Policy for the 2015-16 school year effective August 10, 2015.
The Kid Konnection before/after school program for Kindergarten (full day) through 6th grade operates on school days at 15 elementary schools located throughout Sparks and Spanish Springs. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. until school starts for before school, and, from the time school is dismissed until 6 p.m. for after school. The following schools participate in the Kid Konnection program: Bud Beasley, Lloyd Diedrichsen, Katherine Dunn, Florence Drake (after only), Jesse Hall, Lena Juniper, Alice Maxwell, Robert Mitchell, Marvin Moss, Lincoln Park, Miguel Sepulveda, Spanish Springs, Alyce Taylor, Edward Van Gorder, Jerry Whitehead. Please note the following to prepare for participation in the 2015-16 program:
- Emergency Information Form: A new emergency information form is required at the start of each school year prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) and proof of residence at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Parent Manual: Includes everything you need to know to participate in the Kid Konnection program.
- Rates: If you pay no later than the week prior to attendance, the cost is $5 per child/day for the morning program and $8.75 per child/day for the after school program. 'Week of' registration is $10 per child/day for the morning program and $15 per child/day for the after school program. Definitely a cost savings to avoid 'week of payments'! In order to secure the early rate, payment must be received by 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays (through the office by phone or in person) or (NEW THIS YEAR) BY 10 A.M. on Friday online. Online registration is not available for 'week of' registrations.
- Cancellations/Transfers: Same day cancellations/transfers are not permitted. Cancellation requests submitted less than 14 days prior to the date of attendance are subject to a $3 processing fee (NEW THIS YEAR). Read the full cancellation policy here.
- Download the cancellation form here.
- Monthly calendars: August, September, October, November, December
- Online Registration Instructions: Online registration is permitted after a current Emergency Information form has been submitted/processed.
SUMMER OUTBURST FUN!!
June 15 - August 7, 2015
Our Summer Outburst program for youth entering 1st - 7th grade, features fun-themed weeks with age appropriate activities, including arts and crafts, swimming, field trips, bowling, active games, Wild Island water slides and golf, skating, special guests and more! These activities are included in the registration fee. Children will truly benefit from this recreation experience by meeting new friends and having FUN in a safe environment. We attempt to maintain a 10:1 participant to staff ratio for the younger age groups and a 12:1 ratio for the older age groups. Program hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Recreation Gym, 98 Richards Way. Please refer to the following regarding participation in the 2015 program.
- Emergency Information Form: An emergency information form is required prior to the first date of attendance. The form must be submitted in person by parent/guardian with picture ID (NO EXCEPTIONS) at the Recreation Office, 98 Richards Way. Office hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone: (775) 353-2376.
- Parent Manual - Includes everything you need to know to participate in the Summer Outburst program.
- Rates: $144 or $120 for residents of Sparks (proof of residency required) per session. Drop-in rate is $43/day or $36/day for residents of Sparks. Drop-in (single day) registration begins the Thursday prior to the desired session and payment must occur through the Recreation Office (online not available for this option). Payments for full-week sessions received after 5:30 p.m. on Thursday or 12:00 p.m. (online) the Friday prior to the week of attendance are subject to a $5 late fee.
- Weekly session dates
- Online Registration Instructions
- Cancellation Policy
- Activity Schedules:
- Week 8 Activity Schedule (August 3-7) 1st-2nd Grade; 3rd-4th Grade; 5th-7th Grade
SMALL WONDERS LEARNING CENTER FOR PRESCHOOLERS
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (775) 353-2376.